View Single Post
04-24-2013, 01:35 PM
vCash: 557
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Spaling is a very good bottom 6 and penalty killer, can take draws, and will chip in occasional offense. Halischuk is simply a bottom 6 grinder type who is very effective when he plays with the right energy. What's to see through? I don't think there's illusions that either of these guys will be anchoring our first line.

Butler is a top 6 guy who has not been consistent enough to justify top 6 minutes with any of the 3 teams he's played for, and is not nearly complete enough in a bottom 6 role to count on him, especially over a guy like Spaling.
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Spaling and Halischuk are great bottom six players. I doubt they ever develop into second line options, but I think they can both be quality 3rd liners.

Halischuk just needs to remember he is best suited skating hard and playing tough. He got in trouble when he tried to be a skilled player.
This is pretty much my take as well.

A Spaling-Smith-Halischuk 4th line (because we know Goose will be hurt) Looks good to me.

I think 3 of SK, Smith, Yip and Butler need to be replaced. My choice would be Butler, Yip and SK as I still hold a little hope for Smith.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote