View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
I think you underestimate how well those not-so-beautiful jerseys sell. Over the last couple of years Real Madrid, FC Barcelona and Manchester United have sold more than 1,000,000 jerseys per season. Other clubs are not far behind.
I know they sell a lot atm anyway, but whoever bucks that trend and tells their insurance company sponsor to get lost and instead puts a beautiful logo on their jersey will rock the sport world and gain tonnes of positive publicity and start a course on building a healthier long term brand. Again if this sponsorship logo is such a no brainer why isn't any real company plastering someone elses logo ontop of their own for a pile of cash? Cuz brand building matters and has its own intrinsic value, something these sports clubs seem to forget.

Honestly if I owned some kind of shady apparel factory in Asia I would be highly tempted to just make knock off non-corporate jerseys myself lol, you could make serious money by giving sports fans what they want; Jerseys with that beautiful Arsenal cannon across the chest not Emerites airlines.

Burke the Legend is offline   Reply With Quote