View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 01:46 PM
pricer502

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I think, as always happens every time in these discussions at the end of the season, we're conflating "the attitude Blues players should carry" with "what fans should want." Blues players should absolutely carry the attitude of couldn't-care-less, bring-on-whomever. But we're fans. We're not on the team. We can sit back at some remove and cool-headedly analyze. And by doing this it's not some indictment that we as fans don't have the attitude of bring-on-anybody ... because, again, we're not on the team.

Still waiting for a single play-LAer to come up with a single legitimate rebuttal to the point about needing $$ to fund increasing contendership. It has not happened once so far in any argument. The play-LAers universally dodge this argument. Why is that?
I mentioned this around the trade deadline. Pretty sure none of us are Blues executives nor are we privy to insider information. Alot of you think you know whats going on but you have no idea. I said the Blues were not done after the Leopold trade and got laughed at and told there is no way they were brining on any more cap. Turns out they did and they brought on a huge contract that many said we can't afford. To claim we have to go deep in the playoffs or be the lower seed in the first round to almost guanrtee 3 home games becuase we need the extra revenue to be competitive next year is ridiculous.