Thread: Player Discussion: Ryan Callahan
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 03:39 PM
McRanger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Seemed like last night Callahan had something on his tape that made the puck jump off it as soon as it came near. Just a bad game...it happens.

I think we just have to realize Callahan may never be a consistently high scorer in this league...but his hustle, leadership ability, and the times he does contribute on the scoreboard make him very valuable.
I'm not much concerned about Cally's offense. It comes and goes more or less consistent with his skill set and work ethic.

But his decision making has been questionable at times this year. Often enough that it is noticeable. He has turned the puck over a lot just inside our blueline, just inside the oppositions blueline and in the neutral zone. He's made the type of mental mistakes that Dubinsky used to make all the time. And he looks a step or two slower.

To be fair I do think a portion of the problem is the teams system. The team never seems to know how to break out of their own zone, move through the neutral zone with speed, or gain the oppositions zone. The lack of momentum through the NZ on the dump ins or even the rush makes everyone even the faster players look slower.

But I would still like to see him play a tighter game.