View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM
vadim sharifijanov
TRUMP-BENNING 2016

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blogofmike View Post
I always thought Robitaille idolized Gretzky early on, Robitaille was upset about being traded to Pittsburgh because Gretzky may have had influence, and they were friends again by NYR

I thought the shadow GM thing was overplayed. Wayne Gretzky would never trade Paul Coffey for Jimmy Carson, and even though it wasn't a bad deal, he was pretty upset with Nicholls leaving too.
true, i don't think gretzky was ever like messier in that respect. but my point was, and this is completely speculative, you're luc robitaille and you watch all the guys you came into the league with, all the guys you were supposed to be growing into the new core of the team with, traded away for veteran playoff-tested guys. you're a young scoring star, nothing special defensively, not especially physical, with a very short playoff resume. plus you absolutely love living in LA and being a king, even though what it meant to be an LA king had completely changed in just a few short years. i might be paranoid that i was next to go.

vadim sharifijanov is offline   Reply With Quote