View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 04:05 PM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
I don't care if they play hard. I'm tired of the Playing-hard Preds. Scrappy little team that we are, we play hard, scare some good team in the playoffs, and then get a pat on the head at the end of every season - "blah blah blah, imagine if the Preds had one more forward or spent a little bit extra money or blah blah blah".

I want a Cup. Untalented players playing hard might get you to the second round and give you to warm fuzzies. Great.

If we want to get to the top of the mountain, we need a dynamic elite level scorer to go with our world class d-man and goalie. Those guys go top 3. We ain't getting one picking 15-20, where we usually pick. I seriously doubt we pick anywhere near that next year. We don't shop for FA's, and FA's don't really look at us, and you really can't get one of them in FA anyway. This is our chance to get one of these guys, for free.

But hey, when we pick some other project at #6 and sit there wondering for the next half decade where's our Crosby, our Ovechkin, or why can't we get lucky like that - at least we'll be able to point out that our guys played hard and beat a lame Calgary team that one night years ago to finish 24th instead of 28th.