View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 03:24 PM
True Hockey Fan

vCash: 500
I would like to see a discussion about the Crosby line. I know that he can play with everyone, but if Neal/Bergeron plays with him, it will change the whole line-up. If Tavares doesn't play with him, where he will play ? Is he capable to be a 3rd-4th line winger ?

I thought that Giroux ans Stamkos could play with Crosby together, but now I think it's highly unlikely. I'm sure that at least one of his two linemates will be a power-forward, physical player. Rick Nash and Eric Staal are players who can definitely play that role. I don't know about Neal. Is he physical / good defensively enough to be compared with Staal and Nash ?

Let's see who has a good chance to play with Crosby:

LW: Nash, E.Staal, Tavares, Hall, Neal, Stamkos, Kunitz
RW: Nash, Neal, Giroux, Bergeron

Nash and E.Staal are no-brainers. Tavares with Crosby, that would be clearly awesome. Taylor Hall has an awesome speed, he could be a great fit too. Giroux and Stamkos could play with Crosby on a power-play.

How does your 1st line look like ?

Hall / Tavares - Crosby - Nash
Stamkos - Getzlaf - St. Louis
E.Staal - Toews - Sharp
Tavares / Hall - Bergeron - Giroux
13th: M.Richards / J.Staal

I would be pretty ok with this, although the 4th line with Tavares looks more like a scoring line, than a checking-line. Many people will say that Tavares is not a 4th line winger, but I don't think it really matters on team Canada.

Defensemen: (a)

Letang - Weber
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo
Keith - Seabrook
7th: Doughty
8th: Subban

(b)

Keith - Weber
Subban - Doughty
Bouwmeester - Letang / Pietrangelo
7th: Pietrangelo / Letang
8th: Seabrook / M.Staal

Do you think that this roster can be good defensively against the Russians, against the Sedins, Zetterberg etc. ??