View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 05:03 PM
matt1396

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusto View Post
Even with Leino's Salary the Jets still have 15.259M in cap space. Plus it's not like he's signed for 10 years at 5M, he only has 3 years left on his contract. And as said before Rupp may not be anything special but he's a solid bottom 6 player, the only other player the Jets have that can hit while not being a liability on the ice is Rinaldo.

I'm not arguing with you here and as said before I'll still respect whatever decision you make, but you can't look at this trade on paper, nor can you let the players abilities/reputations in real life factor into how you view this deal. You have to look at it from a hockey standpoint judging them by their in-game attributes, and what the deal does to both rosters. In this case I believe that this was a good hockey trade as both clubs got better.
even though Leino's salary is 5M for 3 years we are likely only going to have 3 or 4 more seasons before NHL 14, so that isn't a good contract. Sure the Jets have a ton of cap space but what if he runs into cap issues later or wants to spend that $5M on someone better than Leino because you can get better players for $5M. Leino's in game attributes are alright but this is a salary dump+bottom 6 forward for a really good defensive prospect and a good one. If the trade was Leino+Rupp for Sauve+ i'd be fine with it, but not for Gudbranson+Sauve.

matt1396 is offline   Reply With Quote