Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
I don't know who will take these spot but for me in the future the forward are

Paccioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-xxxx
xxxx-Galchenyuk-xxxx
Prust-Dumont-White

Desharnais and Gionta have to go
After next year, Gionta will be gone. He has a full NTC, very unlikely he gets traded. I think the big one for everybody is Desharnais. Hasn't brought a lot to the team that it doesn't already have. Center depth is great but I think our Centers are all capable of of playing throughout the lineup. Stephen Weiss is a player I think the Habs might consider going after. Year after year there were talks of the Habs being interested if I remember correctly. He can play wing and centre. Likely good for 50pts, not very big but plays a good two-way game, would fit nicely on the 2nd line, ready to play center if there's an injury. Hopefully he's recovered from his own injury.

White has not conducted himself well this year and I believe he is done as a Hab. We can sign any big 4th liner and I'll be happy.

Stalberg is big, fast, 27yrs old and can potentially fill a top-6 role if there are injuries. He'd fit very well on our team with a reasonable contract. He is my #1 Free Agent signing.

The rest of the free agents that could fill in on our 3rd line I would rank as follows:
Clarkson, Clowe, Bickell, Morrow, Penner, Torres, Gagne

So if we were to make no trades and only make Free Agent signings it would be:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Weiss
Stalberg-Galchenyuk-Gionta/Bickell
Prust-Dumont-Torres
(Moen)

It all fits under the cap. Keeps the team's identity. Same style of play but bigger. Defence is a big need.