Thread: Post Game Talk: #46 Rangers @ Panthers
View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
ltsthinaz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
I don't think we'll win this year either. If we do that's ****ing awesome but I certainly don't think it'll happen. I really do like our core moving forward though. I think we overachieved last year with a weaker roster than what we have right now and we underachieved this year with the stronger roster. Hopefully next year it evens out, our new guys gel even more, we inject some speed and youth into the lineup and we finish where we should which is 4th in the East, hell if it was a normal season that's where I think we'd be projected to finish right now. The Penguins will always be the superior regular season team so long as they have Crosby and Malkin but I am not sold on their D and goaltending either.
I mostly agree. I do think we have more talent this year, and with an injection of youth and speed we'll be better next year. Particularly if they can replace some of the dead wood like Pyatt, Asham, maybe even Clowe (I have not been impressed by him, he's just too slow, certainly not going to be worth anything near his asking price), Eminger, etc. I very much like the trade for Brassard, Moore (a potential stud defensemen, remember, he's 23) with Dorsett as a bonus - Gaborik was useless on this team and is on a downward slope and cost 7.5 mil.

That said, I'm also not sold on Tortorella as a coach. Don't like all the grinding style, his misuse of talented kids like Kreider, his love for offensive stiffs like Boyle (I'm OK with Boyle as a character guy on the 4th line).

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote