View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 08:32 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

vCash: 500
“Tinordi did well for us when he first came up and had all the excitement of making his first steps into the NHL,” said Therrien, of Tinordi’s six games with the club between March 16 and 27. “After that, he lost a little bit of his confidence. We want him to be more physical – that’s part of his game. He’s got to make sure that for a big kid like him, he’s a presence on the ice, and he did exactly that to finish the year in Hamilton. He’ll have an opportunity tomorrow and we believe in the young man.”

For Tinordi, the timing of the call-up give him the opportunity to show the kind of presence he’ll able to have at hockey’s highest level, with the payoff being a potential crack at the NHL’s second season.

“It’s obviously special to be around the Montreal Canadiens around playoff time and as a kid it’s something you grow up always dreaming about,” said Tinordi after his first practice back with the team. “I hope to get the chance to play, so I’m just going to work hard, and wait to see what happens.”

This is what Michel Therrien said after today's practice. So, Tinordi will play tomorrow night and MT wants him to be more physical.

I just hope Tinordi doesn't feel the pressure of having to drop the gloves against anybody (see a proven NHL Heavyweight). He needs to play hard, good defence, hit and drop the gloves against guys that he can take on. Hopes he's not gonna drop them with Mclaren on saturday night, for example.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote