View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Yes, I read your first sentence, but the bolded part makes it sound like you don't think the team is at fault for this.

The penalty is up for debate, as they all are, but their engine was illegal and it doesn't matter by how much.

As forgiving as NASCAR is sometimes with suspension and body penalties, and I don't think they should be, they don't screw around when something is found illegal in the engine compartment.

Anyways, I'm guessing someone at TRD is probably going to be out of a job.
No, if I thought they weren't at fault I would have said that. They do deserve a penalty as I said. The question is what kind of penalty.

I was only trying to make the point that if they were intentionally trying to cheat they would have had to tear down an engine they didn't build. And if they were going to do that it wouldn't be to only shave 3 grams. The point therefore being that this truly was not a blatant attempt to circumvent the rules but really just an accident.

If you penalize a team that bad for an obvious accidental violation that in no way shape or form helped them win and in no way shape or form could be shown to be intentional, then what are you going to do to the team that gets caught really trying to cheat? That's my point/question. nascar has painted themselves into a box which is only going to cause them more grief at a later date. Is that not obvious?

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote