View Single Post
Old
04-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Lundface

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
His 'bad' is on pace for 40 points...if that's his bad, yeah, I can see the hesitation to trade him.

I think Bieksa for Lucic is actually worse for us. Garrison is showing he is able to take Edler's role, but look at our team with out Bieksa this year...unless we completely change the face of our defensive strategy, I'd argue Bieksa is worth more (to us) then Edler.

Alberts seems to have turned it around (figures, it's a contract year...) but we do also have players like Sauve who haven't looked terrible. Banking on Corrado (and this isn't just me doing this) as a top six right hander might need a few more games and playoffs to ensure that he is ready, but I don't think that part is a stretch.

I'd be hesitant to trade Edler to Philly, mostly since we can't decide on a price.

I don't think either of those two can hold a scented candle to what Lucic can do. A million dollar cap increase to get a forward who, admittedly when he is on, can dominate a game, add extra snarl to our top six and tutor players like Kassian a little bit, or at least push him...I don't know, that would be more worthwhile to me then Couts or Schenn.

Plus. they're only really useful if we don't intend to keep Roy...and then we have like 4 million off my roster to play with in difference...so I don't know what to make there.

Kassian's best, so far, is a 21 point season. This matches Lucic's, but at the same time, this is being matched, or slightly reduced this year. Lucic has two 60 point campaigns, and this year is close to 50 if he gets a few points, which is his "horrible" drop this season.

The fights help, as he is a step up on Kassian or Bieksa, but honestly, that's not the big reason I'd want him here.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I feel Lucic is a player that would improve our team (clearly). Would there be other packages that you feel Boston would accept, that we could work with as well, and that wouldn't create a hole elsewhere on the roster?
Garrison does not replace Edler, he replaced Salo.

That Bieksa stat is very misleading. The first time he got injured was during the Kesler injury, with no set d pairings and Hamhuis/Garrison both playing poorly. This one is with Tanev and Ballard injured as well and Alberts/Barker playing.