View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Ryan McDonut
Resign Glass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post
Given John Moore's potential and success, as well as Stralman's consistency, and with McIlrath coming up, we should move one of our defensemen next year (MDZ, G, or Staal) in order to get another winger for this team that can score. I'm not sure that Kreider will be ready next year to give us consistent scoring, and I dont want Pyatt/Boyle holding that #9 forward spot.

Since Girardi is a RHD, and the other 3 are LHD (incl McD...though we should NOT move him), it comes down to MDZ or Staal. If it was up to me, I'd move Staal. We can get much more value from him, and I think we haven't seen the best of MDZ yet. I still think DZ will be solid on the PP in next few years, and he'll also be much much cheaper than Staal.

I said it a few weeks ago...Staal for Alex Semin/Evander Kane/Marian Hossa/Thomas Vanek, straight up. Put this winger on a line with Nash. Go.

marc staal is our best defenseman and our d is a lot worse without him in the lineup. i thought that was pretty apparent during his absence this season.