View Single Post
04-25-2013, 01:53 AM
pretty damn valuable
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
Just some random thoughts: Most discussion is about the head coach, but how about the assistant coaches? We're not happy with the PP, we've been sick about how the team gets stuck in their own zone (although that has somewhat improved) and how they rarely get any length in the offensive zone. Is this really just a head coach issue, or should we look to change more of the coaching staff?

Since we've got a lot of youngsters on the team, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get a former player or two into the coaching staff. Someone they respect that knows what it takes to make it in the league. A name that comes to mind is Mike Grier. Always seemed like a class act and was spoken well of by youngsters like Ennis as a veteran who was always there for them with a word of advice. What's he up to these days?

Another name that comes to mind is Mike Peca. Currently involved with the Junior Sabres from what I understand. Time to move up?

Edit: And since this is a head coach thread, you're welcome to think I'm off topic.
Zero chance the assistants are back next year, even if Rolston stays IMO.

Former players are fine. I want fresh faces, though.