Thread: Player Discussion: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
My point is that you seem to have no use for what you consider one dimensional players like Zucc and Parenteau but praise a player like Brian Boyle who is not good enough to be even considered one dimensional. He's ok on the 4th line. Parenteau and Zucc are so much more valuable to whoever they play for it's not even debatable. This is not a complaint; it is an indictment.
Its easy to misconstrue my points when you dont understand them. I would LOVE for Boyle to be on the 4th line. Unfortunately, this team is not deep enough right now to make that a reality. The fact that I can live with Boyle on the 3rd line, because I understand the 3rd line at the NHL level can be deployed with several different objectives, has apparently labeled me a "Boyle lover" or something silly like that.

If comparisons are being made between Boyle and Zuccarello, it just proves the lack of understanding regarding roles on a professional hockey team. They are completely different players that give you completely different things. But they do have one thing in common, they are both being asked to fill roles that are over their heads because of the poor roster construction.