View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 09:17 AM
PokeCheck101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynoitall View Post
I was not talking about how Yorkton has done in peewees. I know they have dominated the league last year and this year. They have a strong crop of 99,2000 and a couple 2001's. Every area in the province goes through times where they have a strong age group. Yorkton 98's were not very strong this year as most of the scoring done on the team was done by 99's. What I am talking about is how certain zones have done over the past five years or so. Zone four has not won a game in that stretch and have been blown out a few times in the Sask First tournament. SHA should look at a different way to show case the provincial talent. Yes Yorkton has 16000 people and yes they do have lots of kids registered and yes they have half of Melville.LOL. Just go on the sha website and look at the populations in each zone and then you will know what I am talking about.
Nothing needs to change folks. It is a single tournament. You have said it well right here, it's all cyclical. Forget about S'toon and Regina as a standard, they're up and down too. Here's some perspective, zone 7 has two small cities Kindersley and the Battlefords plus a handful of towns with 2, 500 +, with great enrollment numbers in those communities, they finished in what?... C side? So by all accounts would some consider this to be a failure? Based on what? Before people get all bent out of shape on re-structuring they first need to look inward at their own communities hockey programs and re-shape that. That's where things are going off the rails. If there was quality coaching available across the zones you would see potentially more players being developed and competing in your zone for Sask First. The reality is this is not happening. Folks plain and simple, there are only so many kids who can compete at AA, Sask First, AAA and junior. Re-structure all you want, that's the facts. By re-structuring and drawing more talent you'll never give that kid from a two horse town any glimmer of hope. Scouts look for raw talent at bantam. Something to work with. They have an eye for it. Pro hockey is full of lads who come from small town anywhere.