View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 09:49 AM
Zip15

vCash: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jackson View Post
In an interview he said that he is totally exhausted from the series and from the playoffs in general. He said he wouldn't have enough energy to battle anymore so he was very relieved that was he's last game of the season.

So there is no chance that Armia would come to Rochester for the AHL playoffs. Unfortunately. But oh boy it is great to hear that this kid gave everything he had for the team. I have always thought Armia would be that "one-dimensional sniper" who just floats around the ice but he has developed so much during this year. Especially in those areas that really really needs to get better.

If he shows something great in the training camp he should start the season in NHL. But if he struggles with the smaller rink and the faster tempo he should go straight to the AHL to find he's groove.

Eventhough Armia would be assigned to Rochesterin before the start of the season, I'm pretty sure he will develop to a very useful player to NHL level eventually. I wasn't so sure about it in the beginning of the season.
Not all that surprising, really. He's had a long year, what with his military service, coming over last summer to play in Lake Placid, World Juniors, a regular season, and then a full playoff. He probably hit the young-player wall, and now needs to recharge the batteries in advance of next season.

I'm very excited about him as a player. Easy to forget that the kid is still 19 years old.