Old
04-25-2013, 08:50 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Price has been very inconsistent his ENTIRE CAREER. I'm not talking about this stupid stretch. He has had issues focusing his whole career. Don't call someone dumb when you have no bloody clue what you're talking about. Actual unbiased analysis is sorely lacking here.
You're damn right it is. I think it escapes you that his entire career has begun 2-3 seasons earlier than it does for most goaltenders. You don't see a lot of goalie prospects break into the league without spending an entire year in the AHL. I think he should have, but he didn't, we can't go back in time.

Of course he has been inconsistent over his entire career. He's been a young goalie playing in the toughest goalie market in the league the entire time. Since Halak left he has been consistent, he was dominant the first season after and the second season he was one of the lone bright spots on a team that finished 15th. This year, he has been solid but unspectacular before this stretch. He's now trying to get out of the funk that he is in and the team isn't doing anything to help, not even doctoring their philosophy to get their defensive game straightened away before the play-offs.

You want to have a debate with me about any other aspect of hockey, sure, let's have it. You're not going to out-duel me on the topic of goaltending. It's just not going to happen. There's so much more to goaltending then stats and if you used your eye then you'd probably see that. Unfortunately, you don't see that. All the big saves on breakdowns in the Philly, Devils and Tampa games but you will ignore those to push your agenda that he doesn't make the big saves. When, he has.. he let in a goal against the Devils which was a stylistic error which I believe will be changed in the off-season. That's the only goal you can fault him on. However, I'm sure you'd come up with some ridiculous idea in your head as to why Price should have stopped the Elias break-away or the Sullivan high slot tip.