Old
04-25-2013, 10:30 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
IMO its not about letting couturier grow. it's about the fact that we have a logjam at his position and a deficiency on the back end.

letting players grow doesn't change the fact that we need young defenseman to grow with this team as well to be successful in the future, just look at the cup winners in the past, what, 8 years? they all have defenseman that were drafted or developed by the team that were major contributors to their cups.

IMO not every one of Schenn, Couturier and Laughton will reach their potential without adequate playing time and responsibility. they're not going to get that here all competing with one another for ice time.

someone needs to go in my opinion.
This. I am not saying get rid of the guy because he isn't good or won't be good, I am saying the same thing as you. There is a ton of talent at the Center position on this team (now and in the pipe). There is little to no talent on the back end. If a guy can be traded to fill the defensive needs (or for a pick to draft that guy), I think you do it. I'm not advocating just trading him to trade him, but I think if you can upgrade the blue line in exchange for Couturier, you do it.