View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
This. I am not saying get rid of the guy because he isn't good or won't be good, I am saying the same thing as you. There is a ton of talent at the Center position on this team (now and in the pipe). There is little to no talent on the back end. If a guy can be traded to fill the defensive needs (or for a pick to draft that guy), I think you do it. I'm not advocating just trading him to trade him, but I think if you can upgrade the blue line in exchange for Couturier, you do it.
exactly.

i like couturier, a lot actually. but the fact is that with giroux and schenn ahead of him in the organizations eyes, i don't believe he's going to reach his potential here, and laughton is capable of stepping in and playing in the 3rd line c role next year, and actually might be more effective in that role long term.

i don't WANT to trade couturier just to make a move. i think that if you can get a very good young defenseman with a similar ceiling or package him for the #1 pick and get jones it would be a tremendous move for this team.

with Giroux, Schenn and Laughton down the middle for the foreseeable future and jones and schenn on the backend for the forseeable future, we'd be in a very healthy position.

i'd rather watch 3 good young centers and a young potential elite defenseman grow, than 4 good young centers and then continue to complain about how we don't have a building block on the back end.