View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:39 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
I'm coming around to the fact this might be the case, but the problem is two points:

1. There are several NHL teams with less high-end talent and better power plays. Several. And there have been each year since our PP has been this terrible.

2. A unit of Krejci-Seguin-Jagr-Hamilton and whoever is very talented. Mix in Soderberg, Bergeron and Marchand and you've got a top 10 crew in terms of talent. Obviously Seguin, Jagr and Hamilton are relative newcomers, but as of this morning, they have the talent. These guys should be producing at a higher clip. Jagr alone is one the best PP players in the entire league.
1. Anomalies happen in sports. It's counter intuitive to think that some teams with less talent would be better with a man up, but it happens. Also, scheme can certainly help. I even said as much in my initial post. The scheme here is terrible and has been for years. This is starting to change now that Jagr is here, which leads me back to thinking that it's really a lack of offensive talent up front.

2. The puck movement on the PP has improved tremendously since Jagr has come on board, but it's only been 10 games. I think right now, it's just a matter of time before everyone is comfortable playing together and understanding what their roles are on the PP.

If I were to put out a first unit PP, I'd roll with Jagr, DK, Soderberg and the second grouping would be the PB line. I'd give Jagr the lion's share of time as well.