View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:41 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
I guess I don't agree regarding the notion that the Bruins lack offensive talent in the forward ranks. They aren't loaded with talent, but they certainly have it: Seguin, Marchand, Bergeron, and now Jagr. Jury is still out wrt Soderberg, but presumably he will produce once he's acclimated to North American hockey play.

I do agree it's not the system, unless this constant reliance on the point is part of the system, as opposed to a by-product of the poor execution.

It's this poor execution which I think is the problem. I thought Andy Brickley commented on it specifically a game or two ago when, during the power play, Jagr had the puck and was looking for someone to make a play with. Everyone was standing around and not creating any passing lanes. Brick spoke directly to this in real time!

To me, there are problems with poor decision making when in possession of the puck and too much standing around. Because of the rushed nature the puck is constantly pushed to the point, which is more or less a guaranteed shot resulting in a turnover.

Until the PP units begin to function better with improved puck protection, less rushing, improved decision making, less reliance on shots from the point, and more movement, nothing is going to improve. These are not issues related to just the forwards.
The Bruins forwards are generally what I'd call jacks of all trades. They're all pretty good at everything but there are no true high end offensive players at this point. They've got a great group of forwards, but there's not one single guy that is that guy. Maybe Seguin becomes that guy in the future, but he's not there yet.