View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
Colby
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Here's an interesting ESPN article from back in October:

Quote:
The other key for Kreider will be developing into a sound two-way player. Kreider's physical skills have always been so much better than everyone else at his level that he hasn't had to master play without the puck. Usually, he had the puck. When he resumes his NHL career, it will be his development as an overall player where he can show the most growth.
Quote:
"All of these things that are split-second decisions that these players make instinctively in the offensive part of the game, now they have to think about it," Schoenfeld said. "Now you have to get them to the point where their defensive play is instinctive as well."
Quote:
Grant Sonier's Take
ESPN.com NHL scouting insider Grant Sonier weighs in on Kreider's ceiling and floor:

Best case: "Best case would be a second-line, 30-goal scorer. He possesses a big-time quick-release shot. He has that well-documented speed and quickness. He's a world-class skater. The upside on him, because of his speed and size, is definitely a 30-goal scorer."

Worst case: "Checking line forward. At worst, he basically just goes out and uses his skating and size and goes up and down the wing to create energy. There's too much physical raw talent there for him not to play in the NHL ... I'm just not sold that he has enough creativity to his game to allow him to score as much as he should with the physical tools that he has. I think he should score 30 goals because of his physical tools. Worst case, I think he'll probably end up in the 15-goal range."
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog/...-chris-kreider

Was not the ideal first professional season for Kreider. I'm not down on him but I'm hoping to see significant improvement next season.