View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
you can say a lot about the pens and their drafting as if it takes skill to inherit the best players in the world at all of your most important positions. 3 #1C's Not to mention a closed door draft for Cindy. it sure is easy when you have top young talent, signed at reasonable prices, making outside acquisitions more prudently and cost effective.
You can thumb your nose at them all you like, but it makes you look foolish. Sure, he landed two of the best players in the game, but he also flipped Alex Goligoski for James Neal and Matt Niskanen, traded Ryan Whitney for Chris Kunitz, drafted Kris Letang in the 3rd round, made a bold move to trade up to ensure they could draft a franchise goalie, and turned Jordan Staal into three very good assets when there were only two teams in the league who he was realistically interested in re-signing with.

Who do you think signed that "top young talent" to "reasonable prices"?

Quote:
I'll give the players on that team props for their talent, but i can't believe you would stoop so low as to champion that welfare franchise and kick $hit at the team you follow. You're assessment of this team currently is nothing more than exaggeration
Your "assessment" of my post is nothing more than the same drivel that most Rangers fans like to trot out when their team is criticized. Thumb your nose at a team who is a perennial contender because "We didn't have to tank!" and yet here we are, struggling to make the playoffs again while the Pens have the #1 seed locked up again and are favorites to win the cup again.