View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 12:42 PM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
He was a third line center when he had those "clutch performances". I just proved with statistics that Drury was a third line center the majority of his career. I did that in a short period of time with statistics that have been available for years...and you're telling me that supposed professionals couldn't figure that out? His stat-line was nice. Doesn't prove he's a viable first or even second line center. The ES TOI numbers, however, prove that Drury was playing on the third line with Buffalo. We all know Drury was behind Forsberg/Sakic in Colorado.

What was the alternative? Don't sign them. Look towards the future. Again...they gave a sheltered second line center first line center money, and they also gave first line center money to a third line center who specialized in scoring PP goals/PKing. They were stupid moves then, and they are viewed as stupid moves now. I don't care what a 30g player would garner in this market, and saying that completely ignores what I presented.
a third line center on THAT Sabres team means nothing. they were rolling 4 offensive lines at the time.
is Brad Richards a 3C because he's playing on our 3rd line? Look at his stats both regular/post season on the Sabres and keep telling yourself he was a third line player...

you don't care what a 30g 65p center would get in today's market because it makes what you've presented the steam pile of crap that it it...

good work with the revisionist history. you haven't changed much....