View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by idk View Post
This seems to be a lot of what people don't understand. Weber and Boullion aren't in competition with one another for a roster spot. They're different breeds with different roles to play. Our blueline breaks down into three groups - puck movers (Markov, Diaz, Weber and to a lesser extent Kaberle and Beaulieu), two-way guys (Subban, Gorges, Drewiskie and to a lesser extent Pateryn) and physical guys (Emelin, Boullion and to a lesser extent Tinordi). Now these buckets aren't perfect - Subban is clearly an elite puck moving defenseman as well as being a reliable two way player (and he can be physical too) - but that's why he's up for the Norris this season. You need, roughly speaking, two players from each group - thus Markov/Diaz from the puck movers, Subban/Gorges from the two way guys and, in an injury free world, Emelin/Boullion from the physical guys. With Emelin out we've had to change it up. We have no natural means of replacing him. Tinordi is young, better to let him get better in Hamilton. So you take a PMD or a 2-way guy and hope for the best.

Shocker - since Emelin's been down it hasn't been "the best". So we adjust try something different. However getting rid of one of our hitting, defensive guys to be replaced by an offensive, soft Weber is not wise.
I'm a big fan of Emelin's, but the point is still do you play Boullion or LJV. Markov, Subban, Gorges, Diaz and Tinordi are certainly in. That leaves Boullion and LJV. How is that not in direct competition?

You seem to be arguing that Tinordi is out, but he's not. He's in, so the choice is between the above. I was also of the mindset that Tinordi was better kept in the AHL despite me believing in him, only cuz he's not had much time with the team and has 2 games left, BUT he is a lot of what we need given Emelin's absence so given that he's here, I'm "appy".

While I think LJV has been good, if we need someone who can wear down opponents and clear the crease as well as be good on the PK, Tinordi fits the bill.

If I'm not wrong, you are basically questioning Tinordi being in, correct?