Old
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's all well and good and I agree he is a good player. I don't think anyone is knocking him as a player or saying he is a bust or anything along those lines. We all know how good he is. But this team has needs. Speaking for myself, I don't want to trade Couturier because he isn't going be any good. I would only trade him to improve this team. I think out of Schenn/Read/Couturier/Laughton/Cousins Couturier holds the most value. Someone is likely going to be traded. Couturier may be the best of the bunch, but he also should get the best return. Again, I'm not saying to just get rid of him or saying he isn't good or whatever, just that this team has enough centers. Laughton is not as good as Couturier, and I don't expect him to fill his shoes next year or ever in the future. But if (hypothetically) Couturier is involved in a package to get a top defender, I would be ok with having the less talented Laughton in the lineup and the top defender in the lineup, than having the more talented Couturier and the less talented defender.
Or, they could keep him and build a team properly so they don't have to sell core players every few years to fill the holes. That would result in a stronger team overall. Players like Couturier are rare.