View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 01:53 PM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Heading into the NHL playoffs and World Championships, I'd still want to go to battle in Sochi with this lineup:

Forwards:
Crosby
Stamkos
Toews
St. Louis
Tavares
Bergeron
E. Staal
Nash
Giroux
M. Richards
Hall
Getzlaf
Seguin
Sharp

Defence:
Keith
Weber
Doughty
Pietrangelo
Letang
Subban
M. Staal
Hamhuis

Goaltender:
Price
Luongo
Fleury

On defence, the only two guys who I think have a chance to move up into my top 8 are Seabrook and Bouwmeester. I want to keep at least three LHed d-men in the group, so Bouwmeester's inclusion would be at the expense of either Staal or Hamhuis. As for Seabrook, the 5 RHers (Weber, Doughty, Pietr, Letang, and Subban) are IMO locks, so it may come down to a numbers game for him.

Goaltending is still fluid. I still like Price and Luongo for the #1 and #2 spots, while #3 is a toss-up with Fleury, Crawford, Reimer, Holtby, Elliott, and Ward in the mix.

Up front, I like that group a lot. There's nothing really missing in my view in terms of special teams play or components like size, grit, defensive play, versatility, and speed. Some forwards that can do themselves a favour by having a really strong WCs include Ladd, Eberle, Benn, Kane, Jordan Staal, and Duchene. Of the forward group, I'd have to say that Sharp and Richards are the two guys that could get bumped off, but would need to be replaced with a Ladd, Staal or Benn. I prefer Richards and Sharp.