View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Tarus
Fire Mact

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
I know it's been mentioned here and there in a derisive/joking tone, but maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing if, sometime next year, MacT took over both the HC and GM jobs?

If one of the big problems with this team is that they don't take their coach seriously because they think they can tune him out and he'll get his walking papers sooner than later, suddenly that tactic doesn't look quite so appealing if the GM is the one in the dressing room with you every game. If nothing else, I'd bet it would definitely get the attention of these entitled players who maybe read too many of their press clippings for their own good.

Of course, the hangup with this idea is that it would be a very demanding task. I have my doubts that MacT's health would be up for it. Sather did it for a lot of years, but even he admitted after a while that it took a toll on him and made it hard to excel at either job.
Terrible idea, Mact is at best a mediocre coach, and probably will struggle as a GM even without two jobs to focus on at the same time. It's especially a bad idea when coaches like Ruff, and potentially Babcock are out there.

The just need to break up the apathetic vet core and back a coach. Kreuger may not be that guy, but the next guy they hire has to be for better or worse.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote