View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Well second PP is Diaz and while I agree that him + LJV packs a bigger punch, I'm not sure those specific mainly shooters are the best combo. Cube isn't that bad on the PP. When it's him and Gorges, it's horrrible, but IMO cuz of Gorges. Boullion can feed Diaz.

As for digging the puck out, Boullion and LJV seem to be equally good (or bad) at it ATM, but as much as this sounds like MT, I think Boullion brings some intangibles including experience that Weber doesn't. I actually think the latter has played well since his insertion into the lineup, I just don't know what Tinordi - LJV would look like. That's why I wish we had tried this stuff earlier instead. Unfortunately the auditions during good times + LJV's injury prevented us from testing it out.

If we are going to be more physical, Boullion hits, Weber does not. Has to be bottom pairing and minimal minutes though. Would love to see Tinordi and LJV both in, but no time.

Just remember that bringing in Boullion was one of the "great small moves" MB was praised for by all media before things went south so IMO it's about usage.

Our PP sucks because of our fwds, not our D. (Though lately Markov and PK have been flubbing it at the blueline.)
As it stands, practically all of our PP production comes from the "Markov" wave while the second wave is like an old man with a terminal illness. So teams can stack their best Pker's to stop the Markov wave and send out their second tier PKers to take care of our laughable second wave. We got all our eggs in one basket, so to speak.

Bouillon still has no instincts to run a PP, and Diaz can distribute as well as shoot.

Yes, Bouillon's experience is helpful, even if we don't see it, but at the same time, 18 minutes a night is a wee bit much...