View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
IceDaddy
Bound for Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Just got off the phone w/ a friend who attended the service at MIT yesterday for Officer Sean Collier. And, thought I'd share.

Point of interest for our Canadian members here - He said quite a few guys lost it at different times during the ceremony. But he said one thing that stood out to him was the Canadian Mounted Police in full dress uniform, carrying the Canadian flag, really meant a lot to him and other guys there. They didn't have to be there, but WERE.

He also said after the ceremony, they were invited for lunch at a reception w/ the family, and all the speakers, etc. When all the law enforcement got up to leave, they were given a loud, long, and continuous standing ovation by all the civilians present, including the Collier family. A lot of eyeballs sweating. Thought people may want to know.
I am Canadian and I can tell you this. They DID have to be there. Law enforcment officers stick together. One of their brothers was gunned down by a couple of cowards and they were there to show support and to stand in sorrow with their other brothers and sisters.