View Single Post
Old
09-11-2006, 02:58 PM
SuperUnknown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Bla bla bla. Miller without Mckee. Miller played only 1 season as well, talk about an overhyped guy Theodore style because the D puts it together for 1 year.(Same can be said for Huet!) I think the tipping factor in this comparison is Biron>Aebie, not the 2 starting goalies.
I've seen Miller for quite a while and imo he's going to be a top 5 goaltender in the league for a long while. I also believe that Buffalo's weakness last year was their defence, and he was the difference between a conference title and a battle for the last playoff spot.

As to goaltender stats, they're hardly good to compare goaltenders because they're often biased. In Montreal, stats officials are shot crazy and there are games when over 20% of the shot total are from outside the blue line. It's not like that everywhere. I haven't paid particular attention to Buffalo's stats officials though, so it could be the same. The point is that you have to see what a goaltender does to be able to judge his play, regardless of the actual stats.

While Huet was really good last year, there's no doubt in my mind that Miller was even better. As to Biron vs Aebischer, I don't think a backup makes or breaks a team (evidenced by Marty Brodeur's weak backup year after year).

SuperUnknown is online now   Reply With Quote