View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 07:17 PM
PCSPounder
Stadium Groupie

vCash: 500
If this were December while this was happening, I'd bet Portland got mentioned next. Right in the middle of the sanctions...

...and I've repeated ad nauseum that Bill Gallacher has actually talked (prior to sanctions) about bringing AHL here to supplement the Winterhawks, and maybe even another league. I have a feeling the people (plural, indeed) who told me this may have mistaken "or" with "and" at times, and the proposal is still a head-scratcher in my book.

However, if Gallacher is looking at some sort of marketing push by which he'd justify a full slate of games in the Rose Garden (including less weekend dates, not so much because of the Blazers but because Paul Allen's charges are also trying to dominate the local concert business), I'm not sure it wouldn't be easier by having a few Wednesdays playing Texas and Milwaukee in the big building rather than Moose Jaw and Tri-City. If there's not going to be a renovation of Memorial Coliseum, that becomes a consideration. The best consideration? Eh...

So I wouldn't be surprised if Key is unavailable and points further south get discussed. I also wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

PCSPounder is offline   Reply With Quote