View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
You are aware of the hype that surrounded Daigle, right? And that people said the exact same things about him, and about many of the names below. You don't have a crystal ball. History has taught us that you should know better than to say such things. MacKinnon could go on to be the next Tavares and it doesn't matter. You don't make that trade, given the risk. Let some other team take that risk and potentially reap the rewards. The Coyotes have zero business doing something so risky.
Daigle was drafted in 1993 when scouting and exposure wasn't what it is now, and is a huge rarity.

It's not really my place to argue much in terms of what you will and won't trade Yandle for. That's your opinion, and I'm not a Coyotes fan. I disagree with the risk of busting though in terms of MacKinnon, and what value that gives him in terms of trading a guy like Yandle.

If you're expecting a top five forward in the NHL like you are worried Mac won't become, for Yandle, that is gonna be a tough sell. If the low end for MacKinnon is Jordan Staal like you mentioned, that seems like it should be a good deal for Yandle. Especially since Phoenix will still have a sold D, and MacKinnon still has upside to be better than Staal.

Here's the top two forwards taken in the draft going back to 2000. The only ones that are disappointments are Upshall and Filatov, and they were the second forward taken with the 6th pick in weak drafts for forwards. Neither of which is very likely to be said about MacKinnon or this draft.

Heatley (2)
Gaborik (3)

Kovalchuk (1)
Spezza (2)

Nash (1)
Upshall (6)

E. Staal (2)
Horton (3)

Ovechkin (1)
Malkin (2)

Crosby (1)
Ryan (2)