Thread: Value of: #2 C to Dallas
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:25 PM
seanlinden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
With Dallas likely not pursuing Derek Roy or Mike Ribeiro this offseason, there is a gap at 2nd line center. Who's available and for what price?

Untouchables: Benn,Lehtonen, Dillon and Oleksiak

Edit: While I don't have Eriksson as untouchable, it'd have to be a pretty nice deal in order to move him.
I wouldn't be at all suprised to see Grabovski find a home in Dallas. As far as I remember, Niewendyk was a big fan of his, and you'd have to believe that Toronto would prefer to keep Tyler Bozak around.

Maybe it's as simple as Eric Nystrom and a pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverSports View Post
Nieuwendyk was with the Maple Leafs when they recruited Tyler Bozak and I seem to remember some articles he was the guy who sold the NCAA kids on that franchise at the time. Bozak is a UFA and Dallas has some cap space. If he reaches the market, I wouldn't be surprised if they do that signing and most of the talk here is moot.

That said, I'd love the likes of a Pavelski or Gagner as well if the price were close and I'd definitely go after Weiss as well, regardless of whether I get Bozak.
Realistically... if you're Tyler Bozak, are you REALLY going to leave a team where you're the #1 centre, where the franchise winger loves / insists on playing with you, and that team has a top 5 offence?

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote