View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I saw him more engaged. Winning battles in back of the net. We've seen him be elusive in 'behind the net puck battles', often beating out big talented guys like Thornton for puck possession but we didn't see it much this year. Seeing DD fight for position and get a good bounce is encouraging. Is he free from any criticism? Absolutely not. Still, it's encouraging. End of the day, he can contribute and we need this team to be confident going into playoffs. So, I'm happy by some of the hustle he's showing lately. It's encouraging.

FWIW, I believe DD's PPG was higher in 2nd half of last season than in first. Hopefully it's a trend we can use here.
I'm not a DD basher. But just because he scored a goal doesn't mean he played a strong game. I actually thought he was pretty bad tonight. Could not win along the boards. It was always gally or patch retrieving the puck, and then DD passing it to a winnepeg player to kill all momentum of the forecheck. He still made terrible passes on the PP, and seemed ineffective overall besides the 5 on 3.

He did win faceoffs, but not many of them turned into offensive opportunities. I'm glad he scored and hoping he steps his game up because I'm really rooting for him and I was trying to detract the haters at the beginning of the season, but he hasn't made me look very good this year.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote