View Single Post
Old
04-25-2013, 10:58 PM
PokeCheck101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
My comments regarding SaskFirst re-drawing the zones have nothing to do with the competitiveness of the zones and everything to do with the best interest of the kids.

If you have one zone drawing from an area with enough kids to make 4 bantam AA teams, and another zone drawing from an area with enough kids to make one, there will inevitably be kids in the former that don't make SaskFirst even though they are more deserving than kids in the latter who DO make it.

Hockey needs to get rid of this mentality that everything is perfect as it is and that nothing can ever be improved. Things can always be improved, even things that are good already (like SaskFirst).
Can you provide me with the number of kids enrolled in the zones you are referring to please. From that number how many tried out for Sask First. I would like to debate this further but numbers and specific zones will help. As far as kids in one zone not making it due to numbers game, some examples please. As far as kids in the latter who are not deserving, I'm not asking for examples but perhaps elaborate. Are we talking tier II were taken because numbers were not strong enough from AA kids who geographically reside in the zone? Were those kids that "bad" or was it a case of they can play at that level but chose to place house that season? Because if that's the case, give me the house league players name(s) because if they played a whole season at tier II and played stride for stride with AA players then you've got something there. If he's mentally there as well, you've got a skilled player who was well coached. If you've got the skill, the mental and the obvious desire (obviously not intimidated by the AA players at the tryout) to compete, I'm sold.