View Single Post
Old
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFan View Post
I have to say the Ricoh facilities leave me questioning whether it will ever be back. Did you notice the habs geeting on their "Orleans" bus in full gear? I think they didn't have a full dressing room and had to change equipment at the ACC.

Can anyone confirm?
Yeah, it was always funny to walk out after the game and see the Habs all hanging around in the parking lot behind in various states of gearing down. I don't know why they would ship them over to the ACC, though? Just gear down in the bus and hit the hotel was what I was thinking, but I never asked anybody about it.

Of course, the way they've been running the Ricoh during this whole thing has been on the cheap and generally quite pathetic. It's a great building. Normally it's not a meat locker. Normally they don't close off half the seats. Normally they have full concessions around the building open. Normally they have video and stuff on the scoreboard. I would think that normally they have more than 2 dressing rooms too. Maybe they're just running that side of it on the cheap as well.

It's a bit dumb on their part too, since they're trying desperately to market the Marlies to a generally indifferent GTA population, but people who come to see this tourney are probably going to leave with a bad impression and not come back for the Marlies. Whereas if they had tried to make it a little nicer, they might have won over at least a few people, maybe sold enough Marlies tickets to cover for whatever they thought they were saving by penny-pinching on cleaners for the other half of the seats or some heating or whatever.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote