View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 05:07 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
I really do like the fact that Calgary is finally starting to build their team with home grown talent. As guys like Backlund, Baertschi, Brodie and Reinhart progress, Flames brass will realize it's much better than bring in the Jokinen's the Hudler's the Stempniak's the Comeau's etc.
I agree it's good the Flames have more home grown players playing, but every team needs to supplement home grown players with free agent and trade additions.

I get the Jokinen mention since a first round pick and a young-ish player was moved for him first time around.

But Hudler was a UFA and every team needs to sign some UFAs. It's not like the Flames had any prospects that could fill the role he has.

Stempniak was a brilliant trade acquisition that any team would love since he was swapped straight up for a 25 year old Langkow that was coming back form a broken neck and who had more than double the cap hit.

Comeau was a waiver pick-up of a younger player that many believed needed a change of scenery that cost the team nothing. He also brought things to the team that none of the NHL ready prospects were able to do.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote