View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 06:57 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Ottawa clinched tonight so they won't care about next's game. Yay Max Domi!
I know some people don't want to hear this, but I think it's important that this club finish strong. I know some don't believe that carries forward, but with a lot of young roster players, seeing some sort of light at the end of the tunnel should get them ready for next season.

This season was flustercuck from the get go. The Flyers will probably end up with the 9th or 10th choice in the draft and they're going to get a good player to add to the system. So, whether it's Max Domi (a great forward prospect by the way) or whether it's Rasmus Ristolainen, it's going to be OK.

As well, we don't know what Holmgren has up his sleeve. Maybe he pulls off something incredible and moves up in the draft or maybe he does something crazy and moves out of the first round all together.

I don't know, but I don't see this as being doom and gloom or mediocrity as others have pointed out. While this has been a bad season, there were some incredible positives to come out of this. We saw Jake Voracek ascend to stardom. We saw Luke Schenn put it together and become a legitimate top pairing defenseman. We Scott Laughton during his five game trial and saw that he's going to be a player. I know it was only a small sample of games, but Steve Mason looks like he's got his confidence and game back. Erik Gustafsson has finally broke through the glass ceiling and has emerged as a top four defender.

My only hope for next season is that the guys who are the on team realize that the playoffs are not a given and that you have to play and win in order to secure a playoff spot. It's not automatic and hopefully we'll see a different mindset on the team next season.