View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Cresto
In the pantry

vCash: 500
It's one of those games that leave a sick feeling in your gut. Such an important game to blow a 2-0 in. The thought of having to deal with a game #48 elimination game against none other than the Devils on national stage with spotlight was enough to send me off the rail during the game. The Jets were up 1-0 and then 2-1 before it was all over. The surreal reality flashed before my eyes. The entire season, the one that was fought for between the NHL and the NHLPA and its constituents and the season that everyone had high hopes for could all be in vain because of a blown lead. The guilty party being Matt Gilroy who hasn't been a part of this team and their ups and downs all year and in the past for that matter made me even more sick because it would be a sick injustice to deal onto our hard working players and passionate fans. When we lost momentum, it was a game that was seemingly out of reach and a game that would take a great deal to just have a chance to win. The negativity came from the plethora of emotions that surged through everyone. Joy, excitement, hope, disappointment, sadness, anger, despair, doubt, shame, elation, nervousness, panic, and finally the sense of absolute relief and the reality in one shot on a play that seemed like nothing at first. I felt violated after the game. The negativity will thin out today.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote