Old
04-26-2013, 07:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I still wouldn't take Smith. Go defense and get a QB that fits the system later, or next year.
I'd be fine with that too. There are a couple players on defense I could see them taking now over Smith. But I think you can get Geno Smith in the second round, and still get a DT (Jonathan Hankins from OSU or John Jenkins from UGA) or a CB (Logan Ryan from Rutgers or Blidi Wreh-Wilson from UCONN) or a DE/LB type player (Jamie Collins from Southern Miss or Alex Okafor from Texas) in the third round. In this draft, I don't think the difference between the guy you are going to get on defense at this pick is going to be much different from the guy you are going to get in the third round. If I am running the show, if Geno Smith is available when I pick in the second round, I would take him unless there was a safety that I was really in love with and didn't think he could be had in the third round. That is really the only position I see that is too thin to pass up if there is a guy you want now. Not sure who that would be though because Reid and Vaccarro were already taken. I would have loved Reid in the second round.

Either way, I would be happy with Geno Smith, but I'd also be happy with a solid defensive player.