View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 08:29 AM
Veteran journeyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
My only concern is that IMHO this team has neither the talent or experience to just turn it back on during game one of the playoffs which, as a reminder, will be on the road.

With that said, as far as I am concerned, the Islanders are playing with house money from here on out.

(But if they don't manage to win a few games in the playoffs this run will be considered a fluke not a turning point)
That's my concern as well. I'm not flipping out over a loss by any means after what this team gave us this season. But for a team like the Isles, I feel like success breeds success and the opposite is also true. Tonight will be an important game, I think. If they go into the playoffs playing three straight games the way they played the last two, they might be getting into a few bad habits that'll be tough to break. Hopefully they just keep it simple again and rely on hard work rather than skill. I don't even think a win is necessary tonight. I just want to see them get back into the habit of doing the simple things again -- particularly getting the puck deep from the neutral zone when there's not a play to make rather than giving it away. That was the biggest difference between the April Isles and the February Isles. The "patience," as Nabby calls it.

Veteran journeyman is offline   Reply With Quote