View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 08:32 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
http://www.southsidesox.com/2013/4/2...this-afternoon

Hawk has lost his might. Time to retire old guy. Now the guy I grew up loving in the 90s.
That was brutal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Sox games are already boring to watch. Hawk makes it almost unbearable. Steve Stone is great though
I've never been a big Stone fan. He's a very, very smart guy, no doubt. He just comes across as too whiney for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
I've watched so little at this point it's not even funny. Not even because they're bad, even if they were at .500 I feel like I wouldn't have had the time to watch much of these games with all the hockey I've been watching this year with CI.
Same here. Only bought CI this year because it was like $50 or $60. Will definitely be paying the full amount next year if I still have cable or a dish that offers it. It has been awesome. Not only that, but I know for a fact I've gotten more than double my money back by just staying in the house many nights using it to watch hockey, and not going out to the bar or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
I still don't know where people get the idea that sabremetrics replaces scouting... It's a tool used to compare similar players based on mathematical odds. I think way too many people have watched Moneyball and not read the book.
I went to a Braves game lately, with tickets in the players family section or whatever... And there were a ton of scouts by us, at least 5 within 6-7 seats in any direction. They all still scouted "old school" style with a radar gun of their own, stop watch, stuff like that.