View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Simpleton stats and youtube videos are wonderful tools for the misinformed.

I find it painfully ironic that you'd chastise someones knowledge of Drury's time outside of NY, yet fail to dig deeper on how he accumulated all of those goals -- particularly the wonderful offensive cast around him in Buffalo and the corresponding power play.
Misinformed? Last I checked, I am absolutely entitled to an opinion. And I don't base my opinions on simpleton stats and youtube. I've been watching and playing the game over 40 years, including high school, college, and some coaching. I currently watch around 250 NHL games a season, and have season tickets to my local ECHL team in Vegas.

I don't base my opinions off any stats, I trust my eyes and absolutely ****ing massive knowledge of the game. But to disregard that a guy finished with 37 goals and finished top 25 in points among centers, as well as being very good defensively and on the PK, and call him a third liner isn't simpleton, it's idiotic.

I get the impression a lot of people don't truly understand what constitutes a first, second or third liner, but you get a much firmer grasp of the reality of what it is if you watch all 30 teams and see what depth truly looks like around the league. I'm not too worried what arm chair GMs think. The Drury signing turned out over-paid in hindsight, but there's a reason there was a demand for him among real NHL GMs.