View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 09:45 AM
poetryinmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Still happy we drafted him 3rd overall?!

For fun...what player(s) did you want our Habs to draft?
(for me it was Galchenyuk or Dumba, no one else...honest! I'm pretty sure it's in my history of posts!).

And I was one of them...the one that wanted to protect Galchy and keep him in junior...so glad to be wrong!

Go Galchenyuk Go!!
(such bright spots to our future...Galchenyuk and Gallagher).
Still don't get your love for Dumba, is it because you thought he would be an other PK like everyone alluded to?

As for me I was on the Grigo train, then Grigo/Gally, and about a couple of weeks before the draft I was pretty convinced I wanted Galchenyuk and was really hoping we would draft him. When we did I started screaming and cheering in my apartment like a lunatic lol.

I remember before the start of the season in the draft thread (when it was still really unpopular because it was so far away) there was a poster who was talking to Galchenyuk on twitter, while he was injured, and reported to us saying how cool of a guy he is that he takes time to chat with fans. That was the first I heard about this phenom, who was seemingly unattainable because he could very well go first or second overall and we were projected to be very good that year as a team. Two years later and here we are, he's putting up nearly a .ppg in his last 12 games for us.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 04-26-2013 at 09:52 AM.