View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 10:24 AM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
I'm surprised anyone was low on Tinordi after his World Juniors. Sure USA were crap but he stood out as the best player on his team which included a few guys in the NHL now in Coyle, Saad, Watson, Miller, Zucker and Etem. He also outplayed defensively prospects who at the time people were saying were better than him in Forbort and Merrill.

I know one tournament isn't a whole lot, but best on best in his age group and he looked like one of the best defenders in the tournament. Followed it with leading the OHL in +/- as a shutdown defenseman. Not much else you can ask of him, elevated his offensive game in the playoffs and led his team to winning the OHL playoffs. People should have been more worried about Beaulieu than Tinordi as he was putrid at the world juniors. Although partly due to the fact that they brought him to QB the PP and didn't give him any PP time.
He began swaying me with his WJC performance, however, I don't necessarily correlate success in that tournament with future NHL representation. Many jr's have excelled in a short tournament like that. Way too much weight put on a 2 week tourney.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote