View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Flamingo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
I only watched the highlights and after the Michalek chance (that eventually led to the Ribeiro penalty late in the game), I believe it was Carlson who swung at the back of Michalek's head.

I'm pretty sure it was a strategy they tried to implement for this game since they were outplayed the previous matchup. I don't think they have the roster to do this really though. It's going to be interesting if we do end up playing them in the playoffs.
Watch how the Leafs beat us in the last game. They collapsed to protect the slot, and manhandled anyone in the slot. I remember one of them putting a headlock on our player and dropping to the ice to prevent our player from waiting for a rebound. They allowed a ton of shots from the periphery. And they played a physical game overall with some post-whistle intimidation.

The Caps seemed to leave our points alone, collapsing in the crease as well. And all of the unprovoked facewashing, sucker punches, cross-checks and slashing was obviously meant to rattle our players.

They missed an element, and I think that was pressuring the puck carrier and punishing them with a big body cheque, with another forward supporting the checker to pick up the loose puck. Washington's tough guy act had no tie to the flow of the game, it seemed misplaced and an afterthought.

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote