View Single Post
Old
04-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiens1958 View Post
Bob Girard, interesting addition to the list. Montreal roots. Became a roofer post hockey career... Why a goon?
Not a "Goon". That pejorative term doesnt exist in my lexicon... no, he had a healthy penalty minute count while with SealsFans club, so I just tossed him into the mix. All of em California/Oakland Seals / Cleveland Barons. Girard could play, as could any number of the selections I and others have listed. I really dislike that word.... now, you could say "Brashears' really Gooning it up out there" but that doesnt make him a full-time non-stop Goon. Big or not, tough, gritty guys, 4th liners, very useful players capable of scoring big goals, and in most cases Ive ever encountered serious Money Players. Provided of course their not complete psych jobs who totally lose it. Schultz for example, terrific actor. Could easily be "put down" provided you didnt buy into his Rabid Dog hysterics'. Stood their gawping, stunned while he gets in the first shots. Then yer really cooked. Baked Alaska.

Killion is online now   Reply With Quote